Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

I recently have been trying to go gluten free because of some health reasons and have been struggling to find things to eat. Tonight for dinner I tried out gluten free ziti noodles which weren't bad at all, they just fell apart really easily. I used the exact same mac and cheese recipe as I would use with regular noodles so you could make it that way also!

To make this all you will need: gluten free ziti pasta, Colby jack cheese, white extra sharp cheddar cheese, 1 egg, ½ cup 2% milk, sea salt and pepper

I start by cooking the 1 ½ cups of ziti pasta to where it’s kind of chewy, around 5 minutes before you would usually strain. While the pasta is cooking I cut 2/3 inch slices of both cheeses and cube them and set them aside. Next put one egg in a square pyrex dish, or whatever you plan to cook your mac and cheese in, I find that the typical square pyrex dish works pretty well, then whip up the egg thoroughly. When the pasta is ready add it to the dish then mix in the cheese and ½ cup of milk. Stir well and top with sea salt and pepper.  To finish it off place foil on top. Cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and then take it out and stir it, then bake it for another 15 minutes.

After I ate dinner I put 3 servings in the fridge for dinners and lunches later this week which will be super easy to warm up with a tablespoon of milk added.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRESHMAN DORM TOUR

SUMMER DRESSES TO WEAR TO WEDDINGS UNDER $100

Wedding Outfit