WHAT TO DO BEFORE STARTING COLLEGE

This photo was taken a few weeks into my first semester of college outside of my dorm!

Before leaving for your Freshman year of college, there are a few things that I think are important to do. It is important to feel like you are prepared before going to college and while some of these may be obvious I thought it would be a good idea to share what I would do if I was a Freshman again just starting college.

VENMO
Everyone I know uses Venmo to pay each other back for whatever! It's so handy because you don't have to have cash or change when you owe someone money and deposits directly into your checking account. It makes things like splitting an Uber with your friends much easier. Creating a Venmo account takes certain information that would be easier to set up while you're still home so that's why I recommend setting up before college.

HAIR & BROWS
If you are moving far away to college, you probably will not know who to go to for your hair and eyebrows when you first get there, so to me it is important to get these taken care of just before leaving for school. This way you will not have to worry about them after you get there. I recommend setting up appointments to have your hair cut/colored and have your eyebrows waxed about a week or so before leaving for school.

BANK
At college you will probably have access to an ATM but before leaving for college it's a good idea to have some emergency cash in your wallet.

HEALTH APPOINTMENTS
Before going to college I recommend having most of the annual appointments that you usually have throughout the year done in the summer. This way you are able to get them out of the way and especially if you are pretty far away you won't have to worry about coming home for appointments like the dentist, eye doctor, primary doctor and any other health appointments.

CAR MAINTENANCE
Another thing you won't have is a car repair/maintenance shop, so before leaving for college I would be sure to have your car's oil changed and your brakes and other maintenance checked by a mechanic.

ORDER TEXTBOOKS
When ordering my textbooks I recommend doing it earlier because the cheaper rental and used option are still available the earlier you order. For this upcoming semester I ordered all of my textbooks through Amazon and Chegg.

SHOP MY OUTFIT
   

      
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRESHMAN DORM TOUR

SUMMER DRESSES TO WEAR TO WEDDINGS UNDER $100

Wedding Outfit